Careers at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS trust
- Adult Occupational Therapy
- Band 6
- 37.5 hours per week
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich
- £28,050 to £36,644 per annum plus HCA
- 22/01/2019 23:59
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust are a committed multi- professional team who provide much-valued hospital and community services to residents in South East London. The Trust has built a good reputation as a place to enjoy job satisfaction and develop professional skills and experiences. Our people value the opportunity to work in a supportive culture and, we ensure our team are well rewarded for their contribution. By joining us now, you can play a role in shaping our organisation that continues to put patient and client care first. Whatever the challenges ahead, we’re prepared to face them as one team.
We are looking for Occupational therapists with excellent communication skills to join our expanding Occupational Therapy team at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust. You will be based at University Hospital Lewisham or a community site within Lewisham. You will have an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills and to further your career in a Band 6 post.
The posts are for qualified Occupational Therapist with experience at Band 5 or Band 6 level.
A professional attitude is essential along with the skills to work in a busy setting.
We can offer you:
- An excellent working environment.
- A supportive management structure
- A positive and well-established appraisal and development system
- Encouragement to develop clinical skills
- Rotations into 10 different speciality areas: Emergency Department, Fraility, Stroke, Care of the Elderly, Medicine, Trauma and Orthopaedic, Social Services, Community Adult Therapy Team, Community Neuro Team, Intermediate Care.
Clinical leadership is provided through an established structure of professional lead occupational therapist and senior OT team leads, regular in-service training, clinical supervision and good peer group support.
Essential experience required:
- Post-graduate clinical experience working as a Band 5 Occupational Therapist
- Evidence of participation in In-service training and Personal CPD
- HCPC registration and RCOT/BAOT membership
Candidates must have a professional, enthusiastic, friendly and flexible approach
Working days and or shift patterns will be agreed by the line manager to meet the needs of the service
Informal visits will be available on request to shortlisted candidates.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Lynda Rayner, email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0208 836 4486