Careers at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS trust
- Acute, Emergency and Community Rotation
- Band 5
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- University Hospital Lewisham
- £23,023 to £29,608 per annum plus HCA
- 01/02/2019 23:59
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust are a committed multi- professional team who provide much-valued hospital and community services to residents in South East London. The Trust has built a good reputation as a place to enjoy job satisfaction and develop professional skills and experiences. Our people value the opportunity to work in a supportive culture and, we ensure our team are well rewarded for their contribution. By joining us now, you can play a role in shaping our organisation that continues to put patient and client care first. Whatever the challenges ahead, we’re prepared to face them as one team.
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust are committed to the development of its workforce and are offering the exciting opportunity of two acute medical nursing rotations for newly qualified or experienced nurses. The rotation will be for 18 months spending time in each area for six months, with a guarantee of a substantive job upon completion.
Rotation 1 - Acute and Emergency Nursing Rotation
- Emergency Department (Including Clinical Decision Unit)
- Coronary Care Unit
- Acute Medical Admissions
Rotation 2 - Adult Community and Medical Nursing Rotation
- Adult Community
- Care of Elderly or Frailty
- Acute Medical or Stroke
What we can offer you:
- A structured development pathway and an opportunity to develop your clinical skills in a range of acute and emergency medical settings.
- Lewisham and Greenwich has a multi-cultural diverse population, who have a large range of medical and long term conditions, these rotational posts can support you in your nursing career and provides an essential foundation for moving towards a band 6 post.
- Newly qualified nurses will undertake the Trusts Degree accredited Preceptorship program.
- Study leave will be given during the rotation.
- You will have a named mentor and a buddy for each rotation.
- Development of acute care skills, evidenced through completion of the supporting competency document
- On completion of the rotation you will have a guaranteed place on the accredited mentorship course.
Why work at Lewisham and Greenwich?
- As well as being a friendly and community based place to work, there are many other positive aspects to working within the Trust.
- Transport links are plentiful, as well as good bus and rail connections, Ladywell Train station is within easy walking distance to University Hospital Lewisham.
- The location is also near to historic Greenwich and Black heath, which are lovely places to socialize with friends and family.
Candidates are required to have a clear dedication to the delivery of high quality patient care and to rotate to all areas in the programme.
Please ensure that you state your rotation preference at the start of your supporting information.
Interview date: 7th February 2019
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact